We would love to share your work on the Unlatched Podcast. Please read this page before submitting as it covers guidelines, how to submit, and tips for recording. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
***Submissions are open***
- For copyright reasons you must perform only your own work, no covers please.
- There is no set theme, but we encourage a note of positivity in submissions.
- We reserve the right to decline work that is excessively expletive, graphic, or does not fit with the values of the podcast.
- You retain all copyright to the works submitted but agree to grant us a perpetual, royalty free, non exclusive, sublicensable rights including, a license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, make available to the public and exercise all sublicensable copyright and publicity rights in respect of your submission.
How to Submit
- Keep your submission under 5 minutes, including any introductory preamble.*
- Email your submission to: email@example.com
- Include your full name (or the name you want to introduced with) and the title of the piece in your email.
- List how many audio files are attached and what they contain (e.g. introduction, song, outro) and try to name your files accordingly.
- Include a short written bio (around 50 words) about you and your work, and any projects you are working on that you want to share.
- You can submit multiple audio files or just one. Whatever works best for you!
*If you want to submit something significantly longer than 5 minutes, please get in touch. If you go slightly over, please don’t worry!
We would love to hear from any unsigned artists or bands looking to share their new releases and talk about their music.
Every episode we have a Musician Spotlight where we interview an artist/band about their music and what inspires them. We also feature links to their music and more info about them on the Musician Spotlight section of our website.
If you’d like the chance to be our featured musician and to talk about your work with us please get in touch. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via social media.
- Introductions can be as brief or explanatory as you like. If you’re unsure, give our previous episodes a listen to hear different ways of doing it.
- Some things to consider: When did you write the piece? What was your inspiration? Is there a line or symbol that is particularly meaningful to you? Has the work changed in meaning since you wrote it?
- Please make sure your introduction and performance total around 5 minutes when combined (so if your piece is long, your intro should be fairly short to compensate).
Tips for recording
- Record in a quiet room with windows/doors closed to reduce background noise.
- Most phones have a perfectly good recording system, so there’s no need to have any specialist equipment to get involved.
- Test how close to your face you need to hold you the recording device. You won’t need to hold it right by your mouth, usually about 5-10cm away. Imagine you are on speaker phone to someone or making a voice note.
- Speak at a clear, normal speed and don’t feel the need to put on a ‘radio voice’. If it helps, imagine that you are performing to someone in the room.
- Don’t beat yourself up trying to get a perfect recording – like any open mic, there are going to be some mistakes. Get something you are happy with and send it in.
- That being said, we can edit the audio. If you fluff a line, leave a pause and start the line again. It’s worth leaving a note in your email if this is the case, so we don’t miss it by accident!
What happens after submitting?
We will email you back as soon as possible to let you know your submission has been received. If you haven’t heard from us within a week, please get in touch again/check the email address is correct.
We will then be in touch again via email when the episode that features your work is ready, to let you know when it will be uploaded. Links will be shared on the podcast’s official Twitter: @UnlatchedPod, Instagram: unlatchedpodcast, and Facebook: Unlatched Podcast accounts.
Still have questions?
Please get in touch! Details can be found on the Contact page.